This was originally posted by The Literary Lollipop, when I seen it I didn’t have a choice but to answer them myself. My brain started thinking and wouldn’t stop until I went back and found it again. Thank you for making me think!
55 Quirky Questions for Readers:
1. Favorite childhood book: The Boxcar Children
2. What are you reading right now? Reservations for Two by Hillary Manton Lodge
3. What books do you have on request at the library? None at the moment
4. Bad book habit? Buying new books before I read the unread ones already on my shelf
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Nothing.
6. Do you have an e-reader? I read on my iPhone
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? Normally one at a time, but sometime I will read a physical book during the day then something on my phone at night.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Not at all.
9.Least favorite book you read this year: I have to say Go Set a Watchmen by Harper Lee. Only because I haven’t finished it yet.
10. Favorite book I’ve read this year: The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. This book is still sticking with me…
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? A lot. I love suspense but here lately I have been reading anything that sounds good. And most of them are!
12. What is your reading comfort zone? Suspense is my favorite. I also love Christian Fiction (Love Inspired Suspense)
13. Can you read on the bus? It depends on the driver. Sometimes I get motion sickness.
14. Favorite place to read: Outside
15. What’s your policy on book lending? I don’t mind lending books (my name is in every one) but I don’t like to lose books…
16. Do you dog-ear your books? Only when I have nothing close to use for a bookmark
17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? Never. If I want to write or remember something I’ll use a notebook.
18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? Yes. I just can’t help it. Books are supposed to be flexible!
19. What is your favorite language to read? English, wish I could read in another though.
20. What makes you love a book? When I get hooked and can’t put it down or sleep until it’s finished.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? The same as above. I may write reviews but you will know if I really liked the book or not.
22. Favorite genre: Suspense
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did): Non-Fiction
24. Favorite Biography: ….I remember reading one in school but have no clue who it was about.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?) Never.
26. Favorite Cookbook: I love all cookbooks.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction): The Little Paris Bookshop again, this book is wonderful!
28. Favorite reading snack: Chocolate and Dr. Pepper 🙂
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience: I’m usually behind on what I’m reading so it doesn’t really bother me. But I will not watch a movie before I read the book…
30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book? I don’t often read what they say. Maybe I should start though
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I will try to do it the nicest way possible but if I don’t like it I will share that.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? French maybe?
33. Most intimidating book I’ve read: I don’t know the name of it but it’s the book I had to use to study for my EMR(Emergency Medical Responder). I am still trying to completely read it!!
34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin: This I have no answer for…
35. Favorite Poet: Edgar Allen Poe, although I’m not big into poetry I always loved reading them in school.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? 2-6
37. How often do you return books to the library unread? Never, it’s kind of a rule I have…
38. Favorite fictional character: Ashley Baxter from The Baxter Series by Karen Kingsbury. If you haven’t read this series, please look into it!!
39. Favorite fictional villain: I’d rather the good guys
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: 3-4 books from my TBR shelf, no matter what they are
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: about a week at the most
42. Name a book you could/would not finish: Go Set a Watchmen by Harper Lee. I just couldn’t concentrate on it, but will try again soon.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? My husband
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel: Pride and Prejudice
45. Most disappointing film adaptation: Divergent, the book was great but the film just didn’t get it right, for me.
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: Probably around $60, I hate spending money but books are my downfall.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never, that would ruin it for me
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book? Not being able to get into it
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes, but only into two stacks. Read and TBR
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they been read? Keep them. I’m trying to become a book hoarder 🙂
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding? Not that I am aware of..
52. Name a book that made you angry: Chasing the Wild Sparks by Ren Alexander
53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did: Welcome to Last Chance by Cathleen Armstrong
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t: I can’t think of any books that I just don’t like.
55. Favorite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading: Anything by Karen Kingsbury